How to Make the Best of Your Loft Conversion with the Right Styling
Converting your loft can add value to your home. There are so many ways you can convert your loft into a cosy bedroom, a library, an office or a welcoming guest bedroom. You can fit all your imagination with a budget if you choose a loft conversion specialist in London. A loft conversion company in London can handle the basic construction and structure, but with some smart styling tips up your sleeve, you can elevate the looks and the vibe of your loft. Here are a few pointers to help you in styling your loft conversion.
- Choose the right colours: White, cream, very light grey and pastels are popular colour options during loft conversions in South London. These reflect light and make the small room look more spacious and open as opposed to dark, clumsy places. Break the monotony, add a splash of colour to single walls or put up a fun wallpaper to bring attention or focus on a beautiful spot.
- Play with textures to add depth to the room. A warm, fuzzy rug, thick carpets, panelled floors or walls are some of the ways to enhance the aesthetic of the room and not leave it dull and unattractive. It can make a world of difference on a cold winter morning.
- Experiment with lighting : It is often seen during loft conversions in South London, and lighting is not paid much attention to as lofts have plenty of natural sunlight coming in through the windows or balcony. But, there are a lot of high angles and dark corners that are left out which can be brought out by subtle roof lights or wall lamps. A great way to bring in some dimension to lighting will be if you install lights that can be dimmed.
- Customise your furniture : Standard or big chunks of furniture are tough to fit in small, angular lofts. The best way to furnish your loft will be by planning the furniture at the design stage. Customising your furniture into smaller, interestingly shaped pieces can help you solve your fitting issues.
- Include storage spaces: Converted loft spaces are the best places to inculcate some high storage units. The slanted roofs fit very stylish cupboards, and small shelving units can be functional bookshelves. You can also add storage spaces in furniture. An ottoman underneath a window or a small nightstand doubled as a storage box will provide an extra edge to the overall look of the room.
These tips are equally useful for small, big or angled lofts if you can adjust according to the proportions. You can also get an entirely bespoke loft conversion by Loft Life London, which is one of the best loft conversion companies in London. You can trust them with quality and experience as they are around for more than 25 years in the industry and are deemed to be loft conversion specialists in London, with the expertise they bring to your home.
Recommended for you:
A well-designed loft conversion is the one whose extra space has been cleverly thought-out. Few things loft conversion specialists consider before crafting a suitable design are the position of the windows, the energy-efficiency of the loft room, your budget and the configuration of the room.